*dusts off blog*
I recently enjoyed a trip to New York, where I caught up with my good friend, Mette Dyhrberg, CEO of Mymee. We presented at MedStartr’s #MedMo17, which I would describe as the healthcare version of Shark Tank but with even more meaningful interaction among all participants in the ocean of health.
While not giving too much away for those who want to watch the video, I will mention a few noteworthy takeaways from MedMo17 here:
- It was an honor to present with such passionate healthcare advocates. It was even cooler that our panel ended up being all women- such a rarity in the healthcare world. These ladies know their stuff and have done so much for their respective communities. The audience engagement was also A+! Many thanks to MedStartr for having us!
(Panel photo via Aline Noizet)
- I was totally impressed with mycounterpane.com, a platform created by MS advocate Kate Milliken, who pitched at MedMo17 and also presented on our panel.
- Other shout outs go to socialworkr.com for supporting those who do so much to support others, and to FHIR HIEdrant as an example of good marketing/branding in health technology.
- Some MedMo17 attendees approached me to talk about diabetes advocacy following our panel session. They reinvigorated my spirits and reminded me why we do what we do (so well!) here in the #doc. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt stories and for rooting for our cause. It means more than I can express here.
- Brooklyn has always been on my bucket list to visit, and it was just as charming as I imagined. I had fun catching up with my first college roommate (who by some miracle is still my friend considering how obnoxious I was freshman year!) prior to my drive home. #GoFriars
- Finally, thank you to Mette for your ongoing support and for hosting me in New York. We were instant friends when we met at Stanford Medicine X in 2016, and our foundation of friendship remains strong to this day. Through the help of Mette’s Mymee app and coaching, I have achieved a better quality of life. (Watch our panel video to learn more!) I am eternally grateful.